Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Introducing: Me

My name is Beth Mills; I am from Wyoming County West Virginia.  My subject areas include Theatre, Speech and Library Science.  I plan on teaching at a high school level.
I believe the best way students learn is by doing, especially in theatre.  I believe theatre itself provides children with a release of their pent up energies that have built up over the day, as well as providing a creative outlet for them.  Some of the things I plan on exploring include warm-up exercises every actor or actress should know.  I'll also cover some fun theatre games to begin them on their path on acting.  Then I'd cover different "genres" of plays, such as commedia dell'arte, and theatre of the absurd.  All of this will lead to the class play, which I will allow the students the chance to chose.

1 comment: